Sunday, November 8, 2009

Ward Trunk or Treat...


My friend Gina was asked to do pictures at the party, and asked me to help her decorate the background. I love decorating for Halloween so it was a little on the scary side and some of the little kids were freaked out and didn't want to get there picture taken. My kids are so used to scary decor. Whenever Taylor sees something spooky she playfully says, "Ahhhh!" and then laughs to herself.

This was the first trunk or treat I've been to. It was a lot of fun. They had everything set up outside. Chilli and cornbread potluck. I colored my cornbread muffins green and swirled black frosting on top. They had a quad pulling six or so wagons "things" :) and they called it the train. The driver was a clown wearing a poncho. The kids loved it. It also drove through a "haunted alley" that the y/m set up. There was a D.J., cupcake walk, parade, and way too much candy before the night was through.

Don't ask what I was trying to dress-up like. I just randomly found things "halloweenish" and goofy looking.

Here's my creepster.

1 comment:

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

Hey! I'm glad I found your blog! Just to let you know, my child was one of those that was deathly afraid of you little Frankenstein creation. I thought it was the head that freaked him out so Gina took it off and Ethan just about died when she did, he was so scared! It was pretty funny. You guys look awesome and super creepy at the same time with your costumes! How do you get your husband to dress up?! I had no luck this year! Oh well, maybe next!