Sunday, May 9, 2010

And the beloved China Town where there are sights and smells galore.  I bought my girls two cute chinese fans.  They love them.
You feel like you can't look anyone in the eye there or they'll try to sell you something, ha.
This picture is out of order, but really it's from Law in Order, hee hee.
So my camera ran out of space after this and I didn't have pictures of us going to the Musical Chicago and what happened after that.  So last minute we got tickets to Chicago and we didn't have time to eat dinner.  So when we got out at 10 we were starving.  We stopped into this place called Maxie's that we remember liking from last trip.  But this is our last night and our pockets were feeling a little light and a sandwhich for $21 seemed a little steep.  So we ditched that place but were still starving.  And what was staring at us when we walked out? Olive Garden.  I know, I know , who goes to Olive Garden when they are in New York City?  Well we had gift cards there and we were all craving the salad and bread sticks.  So on our way in we see and hear a bunch of sirens, and notice a couple block of Time Square has been blocked off.  Seriously I think every fire engine, ambulance, police car, and bomb squad vehicle was there.  Still on my mind is food, right?  Brett realized he left the gift cards at the hotel, so he told us to get a table and they'd hurry and get them.  So normally they could go there and back in probably 15 min. with the subway, but they tried and it was stopped.
Meanwhile Leslie and I were informed we couldn't have a table until they were back.  Just torture me, 11 at night and smelling Garlic City.  I looked up on my phone Time Square and read there was an suv with a suspiscous package.  We could actually see the suv we were so close.  But do think we cared, no we just wanted to eat.  To make a long story which is already too long, shorter, I'll just tell you it took Brett and Mark an hour to get back because they had to walk most of the way, and just as they were approaching Olive Garden the block before it got roped off.  I seriously almost took some left over breadsticks from a table and ran, but I didn't.  It was so weird, when Leslie and I walked outside we were the only ones out there and walked toward the mass of people roped off.  So it's midnight now and we finally ate dinner at about 1230 at AppleBees.  Don't judge me again for eating somewhere like that, we were flipping hungry and felt like dropping $100 to eat semi okay American food.  The End.

Oh wait, we later find out that it wasn't just a suspicous package, it was an suv loaded with amateurish explosives that failed to blow up, The End Again.

1 comment:

tammy said...

So crazy that you guys were right there. And I am laughing that all you cared about was hungry. When I'm starving, I am the same way. Love all the pics you got.