So a little over a week ago I caught Tori cutting her barbie's hair. I told her not to cut anymore barbies and she said, okay. I trusted Tori with scissors since she was like 2 years old. I went downstairs and 20 minutes later we see Tori coming down the stairs with this cheesy grin like she thought she looked so beautiful. My mouth dropped and I couldn't even look at her anymore because I could see that her bangs were about an inch long.
I almost squeezed out a tear, but I tried to hold it together. Brett of course High Five's her and says, "Wow, Tori, good job, now your hair is shorter than mine." It was then Tori became unsure about what she had done. When she saw that I was upset she asked me if I was mad, and when I said yes, she started to cry. So I just held her. She asked me when her new preschool started and I told her about 3 months. She asked if her hair would be long again by then. I said no. She asked if she looked like a boy. I said no but we'd have to fix her hair. She then told me that she should have asked me and that she promised never ever to do it again.
I told her she had a mullet. And of course replied, "What's a mullet?"
When I was cutting her hair she sang a song about how she always saw people cutting hair and so she had always wanted to do it herself. I never in a million years would have thought Tori would cut her hair. I guess after she cut her Barbie's hair she had the confidence to do her own. She also told me that I should have never told her about how I cut my own when I was little because it made her want to do it too. Stinker! So here are the end results. I'm very used to her pixie cut now, and actually like it.






7 comments:
Ok~ I was a little worried on how that was going to be fixed but her new haircut looks great!! Either way she would have been beautiful; mullet or not!
love they way you fixed it... she looks beautiful... i had to put all the scissors away after grace cut raegan's hair... now scissors are a 'supervised toy'. good to know you held it in, though... i probably would have screamed... and bryan would have laughed and high fived.
i KNEW she would be adorable with the pixie! She is like a little tinkerbell cutie!
OMG Jacque! You handled that way better than I would have. And her new haircut is so cute. You are a great mom! Just catching up on your blog. I love all your recent posts.
wow - it looks so cute! you did a good job fixing it, but that's no surprise - you can make anything look good...even a mullet! I don't think you can graduate from primary without cutting your own hair, so at least she got it over with :).
thank you for the sleeping advice :) i'll call you if he keeps this non napping thing up. he was doing fine til about 2 wks ago and just quit sleeping.
Aaaaaagh! My WORST fear! You handled it better than I would have!
Post a Comment