Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Little Rugrats...

I know this is my header but I had to post it so it would get saved in my blog pics. I've been such a lame blogger lately. Here's a summary of the last few weeks. Taylor started vomiting a week before my girls trip, and it lasted for 6 days. It was soo sad. I would cry with her as she begged me for "Bite, bite." But I was still able to go and have a good time knowing that she was better. When I got back she seriously ate so much food, trying to gain back the weight she lost. I love it when my kids eat good.
Then two days later we had Tori's 4 year old party, and she told us it was the best day of her life.
A couple of days later my dog Chubbs got ran over by a truck. I took him to the hospital and thanks to everyone's prayers, he has fully recovered.
We've been to the zoo a couple of times and after three hours of train ride, goat petting, and walking I'm always ready to go home.
We went to Makuto's Island for Audreys birthday. I recommend wearing knee, and elbow pads if you have a daughter that is claustiphobic, peopleaphobic, slideaphobic, netaphobic, and loudboysaphobic, because you will be crawling through 2x2 foot small holes, just to pull yourself through 4 more. Then you will have fun army crawling through holes and nets while an annoying little boy behind you tells you to move and you tell him to chill out and stay back. Then you will tell your daughter to sit on your lap while you go down a slide that seems harmless, but really you go like 20 mph only to fly a foot off the ground, and then land on the hard floor. Then your poor child who you just told that the slide isn't scary, will scream in your ear for 5 minutes. Later she will tell you that you can go back down to the first floor because she feels pretty comfortable about this jungle gym. You tell her if she needs you to go to the net and look for you. So as you wait to see her worried face and you don't, you keep wondering where she is and imagine her in a corner crying for you. So you pump yourself up to crawl back up 7 flights of 2x2 foot holes, army crawl through 20 foot lengths, walk across a net, army crawl again, and hear a distant cry, "mommy." You frantically search until you see this precious face you know, with tears streaming down telling you,"I got stuck mom, I didn't want to go down the slide." Which really was about 3 feet long. Your heart is broken and you feel like a terrible person for leaving your claustiphobic, peopleaphobic, slideaphobic, netaphobic, and loudboysaphobic little girl in this crazy jungle gym. As you put her on your back she tells you,"Thanks for saving me mom!"
Really Makuto's Island is a dream for most kids, but of course my little Tori is special. I just feel for her because she really wanted to not be scared, but she just can't help it. I already know that Taylor will be so different in the same situation. She's so coordinated compare to Tori, but Tori at her age was already saying her ABC's. Taylor can almost "meow" like a cat. Were working on it!

6 comments:

tammy said...

Aw, poor Tori! Connor loves that place. I can see how it would be a little scary to her though. And poor Chubbs! I was about ready to cry. Glad he's doing okay. Connor would've cried too.

Leslie said...

That is the funniest picture of the girls! Love it! Yea no thanks to makutus island. I guess I wont go there anytime soon.Glad chubbs is better!

Miss Fergie said...

Really, makutos island is awesome for kids, if they aren't afraid of the world around them. Your kids would love it!

Cami said...

Poor Tori and poor you! That place is kinda crazy. Love the journal entry. :)

Katie Taylor said...

im cryin. poor lil tori. you're a darling mom.

Liz Richins said...

What the heck??? Poor Chubs! I'm glad that dog seems to have wuite a few lives!