So Tori has been doing good for a while. What i mean by that is she can wear jeans and underwear now without screaming,"they're in my booty!" The whole shoes covering her toes thing is iffy. She can get herself to wear tennis shoes if she doesn't wear socks, but I usually hear her scream or grunt from the other room trying to get over that there bothering her. When I ask what's wrong she usually answers in a normal voice, "nothing." But it seems we have a new one folks. Actually it might just be a repressed one. She used to do this alot around 1 1/2-2 years old. She would fill her mouth up with olives or nuts and chew them up, and then just hold it in her mouth. And then later would have to spit it out because she just couldn't get over the texture. Anyways, it started a couple of weeks ago with popcorn, which I thought she had mastered this last year. All the sudden she would look at me and say, "mom, i can't chew it." And she would show me her mouth full of chewed up popcorn. Then it was bananas, and oranges, and other randomn foods.
So this past weekend our Young Women's had to do our fundraiser for camp, and I was in charge of helping decorate the cultural hall. Anyways, one of our services was babysitting at night, which I took advantage of. So before Tori went she was explaning to Brett how she couldn't chew certain foods. And he told her she has eating issues. Did he really give her a name for her weirdness? No, please don't do that because I know she'll think it's real like how she told me she must be allergic to popcorn now. So that afternoon I had to go buy her some chicken nuggets because she has an eating issue with quesadillas apparently now, and I wanted a salad from there anyways. Well that night at the babysitting service they fed the kids quesadillas, of course. So, that night when I go to pick her up, everyone starts telling me how Tori was telling them all about her "eating issues" as if it's some eating disorder. So funny. She would tell them she can't chew quesadillas, but cupcakes? No problem. And then on Sunday I heard it from about 4 more people who had a concerned look on their face.
So this week I had to tell her she doesn't have anything wrong with her and maybe she just needs to take small bites. So that has helped with some foods, such as quesadillas. But she has come to me with mouthfuls wording that she took too big of a bite.
I love this crazy girl who makes me laugh at all her quirky things that bug her!!!
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Eating Issues.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
She so makes me laugh!
I have eating issues too. I crave chocolate & cinnamon bears all the time.
And I feel bad I wasn't more help to you decorating! I kind of forgot all about it. What'd you end up doing?
hhaah freakin tori
that's too funny :) she is definitely a character!
She cracks me up!! That was funny that night because I was the first person she told that she had eating issues... I had my suspicions that she had heard that from someone. My favorite is that she had no problem chewing up a cupcake. Too cute!!
Oh I just love this girl. She did that at school with chesse. She must have had it in her mouth ten minutes before I realized that she had a mouth full of chewed up cheese. She is so funny
I haven't looked at your blog in a while and I love all your new posts. Tori is such a cute little girl. I love reading about all of her "issues" We need to get together already!
Post a Comment