Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Please pray for my patience...

On a long walk home this morning, as we turned on our street, I said,"Oh, look we're on our street."
Tori," Why is this our street?"
Me,"Because it's _____ ______ Dr."
Tori,"Why is this our street and not someone else's?"
Me,"Because we live on this street and other people live on other streets."
Tori,"Why?"
Me,"We have to have a street so the mailman knows where to mail things."
I point to the street sign and tell her it says _____ ________ Dr.
Tori, "What does that sign say?" And she points to a small blue sign indicating that house has an alarm.
Me,"It says they have an alarm."
Tori,"What's an alarm."
Take in mind I am getting hot from a long walk and this always adds to my irritability.
Me,"If a bad person breaks into their house a loud noise will go off."
Tori,"Why a loud noise?"
Me,"Because then it scares them away."
Tori,"Why would it scare them away."
Me,"Because then they would think a police man is coming."
Tori,"Uuuugh, I don't understand, whay would a bad person do that?!!!"
Me,"Uuugh, don't worry about it okay!"
Tori,"Why would a bad person go into someone's house they don't even know?!!"
Walking in the house now.
Me,"Tori stop yelling!! They do it because they are bad and they want to steal things."
Tori,"I don't understand! What do they steal!"
Me, "Things like T.V.'s, and money, and jewelry."
Tori, "OH, why are people bad?"
Me, "They just are, okay!"
Thank heavens the T.V. was on and she got distracted because I don't think I could handle one more question! This seriously happens all day long and I need to have more patience, but it is not a natural quality of mine. Keep me in your prayers, for Tori's sake!

6 comments:

Malissa said...

I have not reached the stage of 1million questions but I am sure that I will need patience too!

Casey and Brynn said...

Patience sure is a virtue isn't it? I totally understand what you are going through! I just KEEP praying for patience myself. And I keep telling myself that I am happy to have a curious child...even though it can be very trying! :)

Brady, Theresa, & Lily said...

I'll pray for you:) Can't wait to hang out tomorrow!!

The Ethington Family said...

This is why we only listen to kids music in the car, for my own sanity. I would always ask Dylan why do you think? And it would stop some of the why questions. Good luck!!!

Brooke and Tami said...

That is so freakin' funny!

tammy said...

Oh yeah, the "why?" questions...I would go for as long as I could, and then when I'd start to lose it, I'd end up telling them I didn't know and to ask Daddy when he got home!