Saturday, January 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Teri!

I have a lot of friends that are always sharing their mother-in-law nightmare stories. I am proud to say that I have the best mother-in-law that I could have ever imagined. These are the reasons I love her:

  1. She's not controlling in any way. She'll even ask permission to change your baby's diaper and ask you how you want her to do it.

  2. She has such a heart! When she gives you a hug she almost squeezes the life out of you. She crys at anyone's pain or happiness because she truly feels it with you. This Christmas I was telling her a story about my family and she started crying and made me cry!

  3. She doesn't take herself too seriously. On many occasions she has burped the loudest burps I have ever heard. (Brett definetly gets that from his mom).

  4. She's the most relaxed person I've ever been around. On Thanksgiving one year in the middle of making the feast, she set up frosting and sprinkles for the grandkids to decorate cookies in the middle of the kitchen. I'm talking about like ten bowls of different sprinkles. After that I decided I needed to be less stressed when it came to things like that, because the kids are more important than the meal.

  5. She's so complimentary. She's always complimenting me on what a good mom I am, how beautiful she says I look, and never criticizes anything I do. She always sets me up, like this Christmas she had the all the tables all cute with the food dishes. She asked me if I would help decorate it. I added a couple of ornaments and she acted like I did everything and then bragged to the 37 people there about how great of a job I did, when really it was her.

  6. She loves to please the grandkids. Last time she was at my house she was helping Tori go potty and let Tori use her back as a stool at the base of the toilet. Now that's love. Another time she was helping Tori use her kiddy nail polish which you paint and then sprinkle glitter on. The glitter accidentally spilled all over Teri's nice rug so she just started dipping her's and Tori's fingers into the rug!

  7. She worries about me. I am known to have to eat food every couple hours or I start feeling irritable or dizzy. Brett's family on the other hand has to remember to eat when they're reminded of what time it is. She always asks me if I need anything because she knows how I am. If we're coming to visit she goes to the store and buys us all the things she knows we like or need.

  8. She's sooo thoughtful. For Christmas or birthdays she gets you anything you have hinted at liking or gives money so you can pick it out yourself. For Christmas in our stocking she always gets me Luna bars, and I love knowing that she really thinks about what I love. After I had Taylor she bought me a digital camera with it's own printer. We'll I ran over my diaper bag and it had the camera in it of course. So what does she do? She sends me another one and adds a cute camera case with it. I almost feel bad to buy her things because I know the next time I see her she'll be wearing the pants I got her for her birthday, the shirt I got her for Christmas, and the necklace I made her for mother's day even if they don't match. She really wants you to know that she loves what you got her. So sweet!

  9. She loves her kids with all her heart. She will do anything for her kids when they need it. She's always been the greatest mom to Brett and I know that's why he's so great!

  10. Last but not least, she is so cute! She's like 5'2 and weighs probably 105. She has the prettiest blue eyes and big dimples. She's always smiling her big beautiful smile. I love you Teri!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Jacque, what a wonderful tribute to an awsome lady. I am happy to be counted as her friend. I know she would do anything for me also. Happy Birthday Teri!

Amber Horspool said...

Teri is the cutest! I love her too. She is such a fun person to know!

tammy said...

That is so sweet! What a fabulous mom-in-law. I want to be like her when I grow up!

Brooke and Tami said...

I know just how you feel. I've got a great mother-in-law too, and it sure is nice. I love Teri too! Especially her big smile. What a great person. Happy Birthday Teri!